ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Ref - 201906TAX001)
Reporting to Partner (Full-time)
Selected candidate will supervise & manage a small team of full/part qualified accountants providing, in a timely manner, accounting related services to international clients. The role requires constant liaison with the Directors, clients and other professional service providers. Salary is dependent on candidate's relevant experience & fit. Foreign candidates will be considered provided they have an excellent command of English and a strong knowledge of Maltese framework (Accounting, VAT & Tax laws).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing the international portfolio of clients in accounting, tax and VAT, while reporting to Directors.
- Manage and supervise a small team of professional individuals, including reviewing of accounting, financial statements, tax and VAT returns.
- Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with clients and colleagues
- Provides on job training and assistance to other team members with regards to accounting, tax, VAT and other relating matters.
- Contribute to teams training and development
- Remain up to date with regards to accounting, tax and VAT updates.
- Approve and assist in billing to clients.
- A University Accounting Degree or ACCA qualification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS/GAPSME
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years post-grad experience in the sector
- 2 years of which in a management role