Job Reference: 2023ACC03
Junior Payroll & Accounts Assistant
We are looking to recruit an energetic individual to work within our Client Accounting Team as a Junior Payroll & Accounts Assistant. The team offers a variety of services namely accountancy & back office services together with payroll & HR Support services, licensing / permit applications / renewals.
The chosen candidate will need to be driven, hard-working, a good team-player, eager to learn and up for a challenge. S/he will report to senior colleagues within these teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting in the processing of the payroll function for various clients
• Assisting in the Preparation and submission of all employment related
documentation to government or other entities on behalf of clients
• Assisting in the FSS submissions to tax department
• Assisting in the Employment licensing and permit application process
• Assisting in all book-keeping functions including bank reconciliations,
posting of invoices and maintaining all accounts for receivables / payables.
Essential Primary Requirements
• Basic knowledge of payroll would be considered an asset
• Minimum A' Level Standard of education, preferably with an intermediate level in Accounts or Maths.
• Good communication skills as well as fluency in spoken and written English
• Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Good organizational skills: able to prioritize, follow up and multi-task
• Strong interpersonal skills - outgoing but assertive when required
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Flexible and resourceful at problem-solving
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Knowledge of Sage or Shireburn accounting packages would be considered an asset.
• Ideally candidates would possess a clean driving license and own car
• Previous work experience would be considered an asset in a related field.
Applying for the role
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply send us your CV.